This past Friday the 13th, Mike Einterz joined Central IN IEC for a Lien Law Lunch N’ Learn. But although seemingly complex, it wasn’t as scary as the date would have implied!
Mike covered a variety of topics such as:
- When liens are required on a building: if they were residential, commercial, and how to file bond claims
- When litigation is necessary and how to avoid it with the correct paperwork to protect the contractor
- How politics and the economy will effect the job market and the industry
- How to target the skills gap
- Finally, he stressed the need to have lawyers review contracts. Put it in your budget for a few hours for your attorney to review paperwork, because chances are, it will save you money in the long run.
Mike’s audience was very interactive, asking many questions throughout the presentation. Our contractors vary in size and age of inception, but they all came away with a lot of good information to protect their businesses!
Mike has been an asset of the IEC for years, and we appreciate the time he took to be with us Friday. If you’re in need of legal advice or a consultation, be sure to send him an email, or visit his website.
Thank you Mike! We look forward to working with you even more in the future!