We’re looking for an Instructor’s Lab Assistant for our 3rd year second semester class.
Our ideal candidate will:
– Have graduated from Central IN IEC’s Apprenticeship program (preferred, but not required)
– Actively performed work on electrical systems in the construction, repair or design as they pertain to the residential, commercial or industrial industry
– Possess extensive knowledge and understanding of the National Electrical Code.
– Possess good working knowledge of motor controls.
– Have good communication skills.
– Ability to complete objectives without direct supervision.
– Teaching experience preferred, but not required upon showing of adequate teaching skills
The 3rd year lab assistant will be responsible for:
– Assisting in the set up and dismantling of lab assignments before and after class
– Help the instructor during class to provide guidance and knowledge to apprentices
– Help grade results of labs and worksheets
– Help the instructor throughout the week plan and build classroom materials
– Other duties as deemed necessary by the instructor
The position is part time, consisting of four hours a week in class, with additional hours outside of class as deemed necessary by the lead instructor.
Fill out the application HERE. Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by someone in the office to meet with the instructor, and observe a minimum of two classes so the candidate has the opportunity to see what the class will be like, and if they are still interested.
Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the position.