Training, Management Education & Workforce Development
Nationally-recognized apprenticeship training programs to develop qualified and productive employees.
- Electrical Apprentice Program (4 years), which is approved by the U.S. Department of labor /Office of Apprenticeship & Training, the Veterans Affairs, the American Counsel on Education for 40 college credits and the WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act).
- Dozens of IEC University management education sessions at the National Events.
- IEC University Electrical Project Management Institute offered in partnership with Purdue University.
- Various stand-alone training programs such as NEC classes, Motor Controls classes, OSHA 10 hour, and CPR classes to name a few.
- IEC provides its members with a “IEC INDY NEWS” which keeps IEC members on top of current economic trends, union activities, new legislation, and code interpretations that affect the way members do business within the Central Indiana area.
- IEC INSIGHTS Magazine (published 8 times per year) addresses emerging market trends, federal government activities, contractor success stories, new product information, buyers guides, and more.
- National Member Directory in electronic format and available in print format as well. Also an online Find an Electrical Contractor search engine, which enables IEC members and the public to locate IEC contractors, Industry Partners and Associate Members on the National IEC’s website.
- National IEC weekly electronic newsletter keeps you current on industry issues – including Codes & Safety News and Eye on Washington
- Members-only access to the IEC National Website provides valuable safety resource information and a variety of powerful tools to enhance your productivity and profitability
Conventions & Meetings (Member Discounts Apply)
- Annual National Convention provides opportunities for you to share ideas, analyze industry trends, and attend management & industry-related sessions.
- Electric Expo tradeshow providing hands-on access to the latest products from the industry’s leading manufacturers and distributors.
- National PolyCon provides updates on legislative issues that affect your business and the greater electrical industry and gives you a chance to talk with lawmakers.
- National Business Summit offers unique educational and training opportunities for IEC volunteer leadership and members
Networking & Business Development
- Quarterly Membership Meetings where all IEC members are invited to attend. At these meetings, Guest Speakers are normally present to teach the IEC members what is the most current trend in business, code, and employment law.
- Free Legal Advice with one of the top labor attorneys in Central Indiana.
- Find an Electrical Contractor search engine on the IEC website helps promote and market your company on the National IEC’s website (www.ieci.org).
- Forums enable groups of non-competing contractors to share “best practices” in a confidential atmosphere.
- Task forces and committees allow you to work with other members on issues facing the industry and IEC.
- Free use on the IEC’s classrooms to conduct your meetings with your employees on items such as safety policies, employee benefits or even new products that are company-specific.
Codes & Safety Information & Representation
- FREE Safety Manual for all new members (a $150 value).
- IEC represents the industry in development of the National Electrical Code (NEC); National Electrical Safety Code; NEMA, UL, and NECA standards; and various regional and national building code conferences.
- IEC represents the industry to OSHA, MSHA and other federal agencies regulating workplace safety.
- IEC panel members answer your questions about codes and standards.
- Over 75 free Toolbox Talks available in the member’s section of the website to help you promote safety within your company.
Industry Partner & Affinity Programs
Industry partner relationships provide access to the industry’s leading manufacturers, distributors, and service companies and their newest products and services.
- Discounts on shipping through FedEx, UPS and YRC Freight
- Discounted car lease/purchase and fleet maintenance/management programs through Enterprise Fleet Services and discounted business auto insurance from Allstate Insurance.
- Nationally discounted cellular telephone service from Sprint.
- and more….for a complete list of benefits and discounts click here > Affinity Program Benefits and Discounts